Monday, January 7, 2013

Business Project

In Imdd we had to not only learn about what to expect when working with businesses but literally find a business to work with. I happened to find a lovely business which sounded to be fun to work for. I am working with two wonderful women who are partners working for a company involving transitional moving. Transitional moving is helping older adults, retired, stay at home parents prepare for their next step in life when they are being moved to a smaller peaceful location. When I first began working on this project I had no idea what I was getting into. I did not know what transitional moving was, or what exactly I was getting myself into. I did not know how big this project would get. I could not turn this project down it was worth the experience. The women I was working with were extremely nice and very understanding but at times it got difficult to know what exactly they wanted.

First, they wanted to create an image, a title for themselves but without stating what they were doing. They did not want their identity to sound like they were old, aging, transitioning, they did not want it to sound like a depressing mistake people were getting themselves into. I came up with three different options to look at. I created the titles of "Moving Forward, "A Living Journey", "Peace of Mind" each with slogan related to their names. I wanted to make it stand out but still relate to the point of what they are doing. I also made flyers to go with each logo I created to give them an idea for what it could possibly look like if they wanted to go in the route of a certain logo. Overall, I still am working with them and I think this is a great opportunity to take advantage of and I am looking forward to see how big this project is going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment