Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New York City

Going to new york city again was amazing ! I've been to the city in the past numerous of times and I love every second I am there. It is like a second home to me. I love the atmosphere and scenery and the fact there is always something to do or see. For this trip it was junior and senior and imdd that went along. Thursday-Sunday we were filled with all different activities. Thursday after a seven hour long bus ride we had finally made it into the city. Our first stop was time square. Time Square is my favorite place in New York City. It's huge and there is literally everything there. All different kinds of people, stores, giant billboards, people dressed up in costumes. Time square is the place to be. I love going up the big steps and looking at the tower where the ball drops every new years. It is always so lively and never quiet there is just so much to see and do.

Being in New York this time I actually learned and saw a lot and it really put an impact on what I want to do when I grow up. Visiting a marketing firm JWT the advertising for the department store Macy's really impacted my thoughts. I loved every second of being there and listening to Sara talk about her job and how much she loved it and the city. She started just like any other DECA student graduated and went to college but now she works for Macy's and with different celebrities creating great pitches and advertisements to get people to Macy's. I loved her and her job I wanted everything she had she was very happy with where she was in her life and I learned a lot from her. It really put some thought into what I could do in my life and where I want to be someday.

One thing that really touched me I think was having the opportunity to visit ground zero. I know 9/11 was a very terrible day and I thought the memorial was going to be heartbreaking and tough to go through. Visiting the church right across from ground zero and hearing the story about how when the towers had fell not one single thing was destroyed from that church. Walking into it and seeing the letters and writings from kids and others really touched my heart and almost brought me back to tears when I read them. I thought walking into this memorial was going to be hard but it surprised me was I actually really loved it. It was gorgeous the two big squares with the water falling endlessly to represent the tears and each individuals name carved into the stone. Being there I never felt exactly sad I felt just relief and so at ease that each person who had died didn't want this memorial to be sad but for people to feel at ease and I felt that. I felt I could have stayed there my entire day and relaxed. I love every second of it.

New York City is second home to me I know I have been there so many times it never gets old or phases to amaze because there is so much to see no matter how long your there and so much to do it is truly a great place to visit and one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment